Someone asked me if I believed in Aroma Therapy or what?! Who can tell what works for all ? I love aromas and what they do for us : That aroma of our first rains, lime trees, crushed green chillies and curry leaf, mustard oils, bouquets of flowers and champa flower, lily and night queen. The aroma of rivers in full tide and wet boats and nets ; sunshine on grass or laundry, tiles. I mean factory baked tiles, red and soft hard. Fresh cotton. Bread. Paper, new books, happy homes and whoa even tar on new roads. Sun bleached beaches… ripe cashew fruit –
little herbs in our gardens and market places, our walls and our lives, faces of our families and neighbourhoods, colours of the sky and sun, desks and crayons, paper – aroma, 🙂 and wood, ..
our seas and storms, these are the things that have given me a profession, my own times of restlessness, illness, want and seeming infertility, were the times I look to now, for creative feed.
and yes, I received so much from you Marty ; esp this Box of Rembrandt pastels, namesake of a maestro. Sure I was born with steep creative incline, but where would we be without the people who reminded us of what and what we are, deep within, where we might not notice. If this is ‘ citizen responsibility ‘ then hats off Marty…wherever you are I hope you read this…
and Happy 407th Birthday Rembrandt Van Rijn, 1606!
The storm in the sea of Galilee Rembrandt
- Rembrandt in Bangladesh (aminulhassan.wordpress.com)
- Who was Rembrandt van Rijn? (thenewstribe.com)
- Rembrandt portrait study (erikvanelven.blogspot.com)
- Rembrandt van Rijn’s 407th birthday: Top 10 things to know (ibnlive.in.com)
- Happy birthday, Rembrandt! (heartworkblog.wordpress.com)
- Google Doodle: Celebrating Rembrandt’s 407th birthday (independent.co.uk)