How easy it has become to kill
how easy to not flinch from the news because I didn’t die
How quick to kill a daughter, where was her mother
what is that father? Was that her brother? Who killed her, but a mindset that
is a monster. Rekha Vikesh You get killed for loving a fellow human being. But you’ll get just months in a juvenile home for brutally assaulting a young girl. …
Wednesday (18-Sep-2013) evening, a village in Haryana looked on as a girl was lynched by her family, and a boy beheaded. Hours ago, they had returned to the village, thinking that their families would finally allow them to marry.
Nidhi Barak, 20, and Dharmender Barak, 22, eloped and went to neighbouring Delhi on Tuesday, since their families back in the Gharnavati village did not approve of their relationship. Nidhi was a student of fine arts, while Dharmender was pursuing a technical course. Nidhi’s parents allegedly persuaded her to come back, promising not to harm the young lovers.
The police say what followed was hours of torture for the couple at Nidhi’s home, ending with their death. The girl was beaten to death in full public view. The boy was brutally beaten and his arms and legs broken, before he was beheaded. His headless body was allegedly dumped at a public square in the village.
The family of the girl was allegedly caught in the act of cremating her, when a police team arrived. They had been alerted by a villager. The police then took the girl’s half-burnt body and the boy’s remains for a post-mortem.Read more here NDTV
..which rascal named it Honour Killing?
Shame on these people who are just morons and barbarians. There could not much we do about this, just our younger generation need to wait till these creepy minded people die off and a new culture will blossom.
– Words by Din- NDTV
- Man beheaded, woman beaten to death in India ‘honour killing’: police (dailystar.com.lb)
- Arrests over India ‘honour killings’ (bbc.co.uk)
- College friends murdered, honour killing suspected (vancouverdesi.com)
- Indian woman, 20, tortured and lynched by her family and her boyfriend beheaded in horrific honour killing (dailymail.co.uk)
- Killed for eloping: Girl lynched by family, boy beheaded in Haryana village – NDTV (ndtv.com)
- Killed for eloping: Girl lynched by family, boy beheaded in Haryana village, girl’s parents arrested (ndtv.com)
- Haryana family set girl on fire in public view (gulfnews.com)
- Couple killed, man beheaded in India ‘honor killing’ (rawstory.com)